Our Setanta Sports sponsored Sunday NFL game will see Peyton Manning return to the Lucas Oil Stadium to take on his former team, the Indianapolis Colts.
Manning helped the Colts to the 2007 Super Bowl and even when injured he was an asset to the Franchise as it was Manning’s neck injury in 2010 that resulted in the Colts having the league’s worst record that season, and therefore receiving the number 1 overall pick in the 2011 draft.
With that pick, the Colts selected Andrew Luck, who is looking like he has the ability to continue in Peyton’s footsteps and be the next great Colts quarterback.
Somewhat surprisingly, this course of events seems to have worked well for all parties involved. The Colts have rebuilt their roster and surrounded Luck with a young team that will develop with him, while the Broncos were a team ready to win right away, with a quarterback being the final missing piece.
The Broncos, and in particular Manning, have been on fire so far this year, remaining unbeaten in 6 games and setting records for scoring in the process.
The Colts have been a little more low-key, working their way to a solid 4-2 victory, impressively defeating the Seahawks and the 49ers in the process. This game will be a lot closer than many people think, but the Broncos will shade it in a shootout.
Ahead of this clash, Fantasy5Live’s NFL expert @irishjet has picked his 5 players to watch:
Peyton Manning, Quarterback, Denver Broncos
This pick doesn’t need any explanation. 22 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 6 games, enough said.
Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Indianapolis Colts
Luck has been solid if not spectacular so far this year, but should put up big numbers on Sunday night. Luck will have to throw the ball all game to keep up with Manning. The Broncos have struggled against the pass at times, allowing Tony Romo throw for over 500 yards and 5 touchdowns in last week’s Setanta Sports sponsored NFL tie.
Julius Thomas, Tight End, Denver Broncos
Manning is surrounded by so many weapons, it can be difficult to predict which receiver will do the most damage on Sunday. We’re going with Thomas here, not because of his yardage totals, but because he has become Manning’s favourite red-zone target. Touchdowns are all important in fantasy, and Thomas has 7 so far this year.
Knowshon Moreno, Running back, Denver Broncos
An average runner, Moreno has benefitted from defences trying to stop Manning in the passing game. Moreno is often provided with gaping holes to run through, as was evident last week against the Jaguars, where he rushed for three touchdowns. Moreno also contributes in the passing game, and caught 7 balls for 62 yards last week.
TY Hilton, Wide Receiver, Indianapolis Colts
The safe pick here is to go with Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker or Eric Decker, but Hilton gets the nod for our final pick. Someone will have to catch Luck’s passes, and with Reggie Wayne likely blanketed by Domonique Rogers-Cromartie, Hilton should receive a large number of targets. Although he had a quite week last week, Hilton caught 5 passes for 140 yards and two touchdowns against the much-lauded Seattle Seahawks defence in week 5.
- Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts: Five Keys to Victory (predominantlyorange.com)
- Week Seven Preview: Denver Broncos @ Indianapolis Colts (colts.com)
- Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts: first big test of the season (isportsweb.com)
- Broncos vs. Colts: Breaking Down a Game Plan for Indianapolis (bleacherreport.com)
- Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts: 5 Storylines to Watch (bleacherreport.com)
- Know the Enemy: Indianapolis Colts vs Denver Broncos, Part 1 (naptownsfinest.com)
- What the NFL Would Look Like If Peyton Manning, Not Andrew Luck Played for Colts (bleacherreport.com)
- Broncos couldn’t be happier Colts chose Luck over keeping Manning (denverpost.com)
- Luck or Manning? The Two Finally Meet; Tickets for Sale at Ticket Monster (prweb.com)
- Emotions Are Torn, But the Jersey Is Intact (mmqb.si.com)